Temporary Suspension of Classes at Tomas Bata University in Zlín
Rector of Tomas Bata University in Zlín suspends classes at all component parts of the university until further notice and announces a period of self-study for students. The extent and manner of self-study shall be determined by the Deans of the particular TBU Faculties.
For detailed information please refer to the Rector’s Decree No. RR/16/2020 – Temporary Suspension of Classes at Tomas Bata University in Zlín and Dean´s Decree RD/13/20 – Temporary Suspension of Classes at Tomas Bata University in Zlín.
UPDATE! On May 7, 2020, RD/13/20 was published. Dean allows attendance of students only for consulting, examining and measurements in laboratiries up to 15 persons. For more details see RD/13/20. Regular classes (lectures, seminars and laboratories) in groups are still prohibited! The timetable in the summer semester of the academic year 2019/20 was changed. New timetable for teaching in summer semester including extended exam period and deadlines for submission of BP / DP and SZZ. More in RD/11/20 and Annex No. 1.
This decision concerns all levels of study, i.e., Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral and all forms of education – full-time and part-time form at the Faculty of Applied Informatics (FAI). This decision is also applied to all international students studying or practicing short-term stays at the FAI.
With effect from 17 March 2020, the conditions for self-study are set as follows:
- Teachers will give students self-study and exercise assignments for the following week at the latest by Friday of the previous week
- The materials and assignments for the current week, ie March 16 – March 20, 2020, will be submitted by teachers by Wednesday March 18, 2020 inclusive.
- Instructions for self-study are given by teachers electronically via e-mail, LMS Moodle, etc.
- The teacher will provide students with the possibility of electronic consultations via e-mail, LMS Moodle, telephone or other electronic form.
- Students are obliged to watch the LMS Moodle, university e-mail and TBU and FAI websites for a temporary limitation of the course, where they will receive information about the current situation.