Temporary Suspension of Classes at Tomas Bata University in Zlín10. March 2020
Latest Information regarding COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Tomas Bata University in Zlín is closely monitoring the situation regarding the spread of the COVID-19 disease. TBU regularly discusses the current situation with relevant authorities and follows the recommendations.
Physical presence of persons in TBU premises is allowed only upon fulfilment of the following conditions:
- The person is free of acute health problems indicating a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and sense of smell, etc.) and in the event that he/she has undergone a test for COVID-19, the test has proved negative.
- The person has respiratory protective equipment (face mask, scarf, headscarf, respirator, mouthpiece), which he/she wears in all TBU premises.
- At the entrance to a TBU building, the person sanitizes his/her hands.
- The person is not in quarantine at the given time.
All actual information are on webpage: www.utb.cz/en/coronavirus
Important information for tuition during the validity of the Extraordinary Measures from Monday, 11th January 2021 until further notice:
In compliance with the actually issued Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic on the adoption of a crisis measure, a ban has been imposed on physical presence of students in classes and examinations. The ban does not apply to:
- students attending clinical and practical classes and students participating in practical training in degree programmes in healthcare and students participating in pedagogical practical teaching and training in nursery, primary and secondary schools or in school facilities providing institutional or protective education,
- for participation in examinations and verification of study knowledge/obligations (credits, graded credits), if less than 10 people participate at the same time,
- students participating in entrance examinations organized by higher education institutions – where the number of persons present at the examination at the same time is not higher than 10,
- students attending individual tutorials (one student and one academic only).
- Teachers will inform the conditions for obtaining credit and examination.
Should these emergency measures be terminated, a return to the original IS/STAG schedule will ensue.
Distance learning at FAI
Students can access remotely to the Campus Study Room at FAI to use commercial software licenced only for FAI.
This access is possible from Saturday, October 24, 2020, and it is necessary to reserve your seat using the online form (see link below).
All information on remote access, including the necessary software tools and the reservation system, can be found on the following pages: Website for distance learning at FAI.
Here are the binding rules for remote access:
- The remote computers are meant only for study purposes!
- You may access the computer only in the time you reserved on the on-line calendar.
- You can use the computers according to the actual classroom occupancy, at most, however, max 10 hours per week. Additional time is possible only in case of more free time and computers. You are not the only user, be kind and considerate to other students that need to use the computers.
- You must respect the rules for remote connections and use only recommended programs for that connection. The use of other programs is prohibited!
- In case of any problem, please, contact the IT technicians of FAI at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the above rules are not respected, the student’s access will be blocked!
- Rector’s Decree No. 1/2021 – Temporary Restrictions and Measures Adopted at Tomas Bata University in Zlín in Connection with the Outbreak of COVID-19 Disease
- Dean’s Decree RD/01/21 – Temporary Suspension of Classes at the Faculty of Applied Informatics, Tomas Bata University in Zlín