Temporary Suspension of Classes at Tomas Bata University in Zlín26. January 2021
Latest Information regarding COVID-19 Infection Prevention
Tomas Bata University in Zlín is closely monitoring the situation regarding the spread of the COVID-19 disease. TBU regularly discusses the current situation with relevant authorities and follows the recommendations.
All current information are at Universtity web pages: www.utb.cz/en/coronavirus/
Organization of Teaching at FAI after February 4th 2022
Due to the persistence of the worsened epidemiological situation, dean of FAI issued Dean’s Decision RD/02/22 – Temporary restriction and organization of teaching in the summer semester of the academic year 2021/2022 at the Faculty of Applied Informatics, Tomas Bata University in Zlín, according to which the following applies to foreign students:
- Teaching in the summer semester of the academic year 2021/2022 will take place according to the currently valid teaching schedule at FAI, which is defined in the Dean’s Decision RD/12/21, i.e.
- Classes for full-time students at all levels of study begin on Monday, February 7th, 2022.
- All teaching will be delivered online in MS Teams until further notice, but no later than February 26th, 2022. Students and instructors will be notified by no later than the Wednesday of the preceding week, inclusive, on University emails if online instruction is changed and cancelled.
- Classes will follow the current schedule in IS/STAG.
- Teachers will set up course teams in MS Teams for individual courses and inform students about the form of teaching and how to connect to the class no later than the start of the class electronically via email, MS Teams or LMS Moodle – here are the instructions.
- Lecturers will provide students with sufficient study support materials, including recordings of online lessons from Microsoft Teams for later playback.
- Student attendance at tutorials and seminars is supervised, and attendance at lectures is recommended.
- For pandemic reasons, it is recommended that communication between FAI students and lecturers, FAI institutes, the FAI Study Department, the FAI Creative Activities Department, the FAI International Relations and Promotion Department, the FAI Cooperation with Practice Department and the FAI Economic Department should be done electronically by telephone and e-mail as much as possible.