doc. Ing. Roman Šenkeřík, Ph.D.Department of Informatics and Artificial Intelligence
E-mail: email@example.com TEL: +420 576 035 189 Office:
- Methods of artificial intelligence: evolutionary algorithms, neural networks; and their interdisciplinary applications.
- Hybridization and development of soft-computing techniques.
- Optimization of process control using artificial intelligence.
- Development, modification, and benchmarking of metaheuristics, swarm and evolutionary algorithms.
- Data mining and high-performance computing.
- Synthesis of complex systems.
- Chaos theory.
Head of the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (A.I.Lab)
Work outputs and Awards:
- Best paper award: AETA Conference 2018
- Best paper award: CISIM Conference 2014
- Best paper award: Nostradamus Conference 2012 and 2013
- Best paper award: PCO Conference 2010
- Since 2006, the supervisor has successfully defended 49 bachelors and 38 diploma theses.
- Since 2013, the supervisor/consultant of more than 10 students of the doctoral study program (2x successful defense).
Selected grants and projects:
- COST Action IC1406 High-Performance Modeling and Simulation for Big Data Applications (cHiPSet), (2015 – 2019), Management Committee member.
- COST Action CA15140: ImAppNIO – Improving Applicability of Nature-Inspired Optimization by Joining Theory and Practice (2016 – 2020), Management Committee member.
- COST Action CA17124: DigForASP – Digital forensics: evidence analysis via intelligent systems and practices (2018 – 2022), Management Committee member.
- GAČR P103 / 15 / 06700S Unconventional Control of Complex Systems (supervised by Prof. Ing. Ivan Zelinka, Ph.D., 2015 – 2017), co-applicant, head of the TBU in Zlin research group.
- Senior Researcher at the CEBIA-Tech Regional Research Center, No. CZ.1.05 / 2.1.00 / 03.0089, (2011 – present), and subsequent sustainability project NPU I No. MSMT-7778/2014 by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic (2014 – present), in the team of solvers.
- GAČR 102/09/1680 Evolutionary design of control algorithms (co-supervised prof. Ing. Ivan Zelinka, Ph.D., 2009 – 2011), in the team of solvers
- EU 7th Framework Project, Project Name: Promoveo, Project Number: FP7-222165 Topic: Independent living for today’s society: understanding the elderly and disabled for tomorrow’s inclusive smart home solution, (2008-2010), supervisor for Czech Republic prof. Ivan Zelinka, in the team of solvers
Consulting hoursWednesday 9.00-11.00
- 2013: VŠB Technical University of Ostrava, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Assoc. prof. in "Informatics", (doc.).
- 2004 - 2008: TBU Zlín, Faculty of Applied Informatics, Ph.D. in "Technical Cybernetics"
- 1999 - 2004: TBU Zlín, Faculty of Technology, Master’s degree in "Automation and control technology in the consumer industry", (Ing.).
Internships and study stays
- In the period 2009 - 2020: about 17 one-week study stays within the Erasmus/Erasmus+ framework (Spain, France, Turkey, Malta, Portugal, Cyprus, Finland, Poland, Slovenia, Greece ...).
- 05/2019 - 10/2019: Six-month internship within the program "International mobility of TBU researchers in Zlín" project no. CZ.02.2.69 / 0.0 / 0.0 / 16_027 / 0008464, FERI, University of Maribor, Slovenia.
- 03/2018: STSM - Short Term Scientific Mission, Josef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 04-05 / 2017: a 5-week internship at FERI University of Maribor, Slovenia.
- 03/2005 - 06/2005: a 3-month internship at Strathclyde University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Process of employment
- 2018 – present: Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Faculty of Applied Informatics, Head of A.I.Lab
- 2014 – present: Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Faculty of Applied Informatics, Department of Informatics and Artificial Intelligence, Associated Professor
- 2007 – 2013: Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Faculty of Applied Informatics, Department of Applied Informatics, Researcher/Lecturer
Membership of expert organizations
- IEEE member,
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society member,
- Member of editorial boards of international journals,
- A recognized reviewer of a number of JCR impacted and other respected journals.
- IPC member of a number of prestigious conferences (GECCO, IEEE WCCI, IEEE CEC...).
- Organizer / Chair / Co-Chair of a number of international and national conferences and workshops.
Membership of bodies
- Member of the FAI Academic Senate
- Member of the FAI Economic Commission
- Member of the council of the doctoral study program "Information Technology" at FAI TBU in Zlín